Monday, December 22, 2008

Kamakura!

Another magnificent weekend in Japan! It is only our second week here and we managed to get to the coastal city of Kamakura. After we arrived we went to visit a shrine and then we went to see the famous Big Buddha. Both sites were very peaceful and had beautiful gardens. We went on a Sunday so it was very busy! After the sites, we decided to head down to the beach, thanks to Leah. We had the most amazing time running around the beach and playing in the water. I am sure that you Vancouverites don't want to hear or see this right now! I hear you are under blizzard conditions. AIIEEE! But at least you will have a white Christmas :) After we went to the beach, we visited this random German pub and then a hippie beach hut for curry! It was a magical day.

There were so many surfers!

We had so much fun just running around the beach!
Even though we got sand in our lenses, it was worth it!
I thought this surfer was going to tell me not to take his photo but he ended up posing!

Leah, Heinrich and I

Leah and I

8 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks like an amazing time! You seem to be having fun with Leah and Heinrich. ;)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I've seen that Buddha! I'm so jealous you're in Japan right now. It can be such a tranquil country.

Kate said...

geez, how warm IS it there?

Miss Urbanita said...

Amazing beach atmosphere!! Love it. Kisses ;)

http://www.missurbanita.com

Marian said...

gorgeous shots darling,sounds truely magical!
wishing you a fab holiday and great new year.
muah x
Marian

Vera said...

Oh wow it looks absolutely amazing. I wish I was in Japan playing with the water :). You have a lovely blog Anthea, and I would love to exchange links. I have added you to my blogroll. Have a Merry Christmas!

Gear Crisis said...

Im envious beyond belief. I like your blog would you care to exchange links?

kokostiletto said...

what a great day! have fun enjoying the beautiful weather ;)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff
UA-21300137-1