Monday, September 22, 2008

Beauty and the Boy Fashion Show

Last Friday September 19th we attended the Beauty and the Boy Fashion show at The Bay. The show was coordinated by Neesha Hothi and hosted by Mashiah Vaughn of Open Sundaes and Jason Dussault of Dussault Apparel. Wine and appetizers were served before the fabulous runway show began and each attendee received a swag bag, a gift from Open Sundaes and a beautiful fresh rose! The show featured four scenes : Sport Spectacular, Haute Hotties, Posh and Preppy and Strut the Streets. Some of the labels featured in the show included: Bench, Kersh, Mantinique, Jack and Jones, Kensie, DKNY, Vera Moda, Karta, Dussault, Lady Dutch, Guess, Betsey Johnson and Calvin Klein.

After the fashion show Vancouver fashionistas flocked to the Make Up Forever station to have their make-up done and photos taken Fashion Photo Shoot style. We had our make-up done and our photos taken which I will post as soon as I receive them. I met the fabulous Timothy Hung who is a hair, clothing and make-up stylist with Make-Up Forever. I will be posting some more information about his work in the near future. Greg Swales took the photos at the photo booth and was truly patient and fun to pose for! There was also an Ed Hardy air brush tattoo station as seen on the fabulous recap of the event that Style by Fire wrote on Style Finds. I can't wait for the next Bay fashion show!


I was there super early..before the crowds!

Plaid!

Some cute leather jackets were featured in the show.

We decided he was by far the best male model! He was very animated :)

Wrapping things up.

I would love to hear what you thought of the event if you attended!

6 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

So fun!

xoxox,
CC

Lisa said...

I really liked the Audrey Hepburn-inspired hair and makeup looks: low ponytails with volume around the crown and winged eyeliner. The hosts did a decent job, but I kind of wished they weren't reading off the paper at the beginning.

kokostiletto said...

i totally wish i went to this... sounds like fun! can't wait to see your Make Up Forever photos!

Lisa said...

I've tagged you to list the last 25 songs you listened to on your iPod! See my list and the details here.

Miranda Sam said...

I thought it was a good event, but there could have been more work done to style the outfits. Thanks for the link to StyleFinds! Hope to meet you at upcoming BC/Vancouver Fashion Week events - Glamazon? Nicole Bridger? Cheers

Miranda Sam said...

I'll be FMA! Are you working backstage/ front of house? I can't wait

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff
UA-21300137-1